Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaBloPoMo & Rediscovering My Voice

Hello! This blog has sat dormant for way too long. We have had so many changes in our lives since my last post nearly four years ago. Most notably, we have grown our family by one. We welcomed Little Miss M in the summer of 2010 and are now a family of four. Now that I am coming out of the “baby fog”, I thought it might be a good time to start this project up again (not that it ever really got off the ground). In an effort to make this process slightly more habitual I am going to participate in NaBloPoMo.

My intention for writing here is to capture memories of our little family but also as a creative outlet and rediscovering of myself, my voice. As the mother of two young children, I have often felt that my job has been to focus my attention wholly on them. In that, I have lost some of who I used to be and I am in the process of redefining who I am and finding time for myself. My children have changed my life in unbelievable ways. They bring such great joy and love into my life and they are such a blessing. I’ll write a lot about them here but I will also comment on other things like the upcoming election, finding my creative self, and life in general.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I believe you are about to accomplish your goal.