Friday, November 2, 2012

Feeling a Bit Nostalgic

The fall is always a nostalgic time for me; it reminds me of my youth, especially my teens. Today I drove past two places that I frequented as a teenager and both were gone. The first one was the store where I used to buy doc martens and chukkas. The store has been gone for years but I still remember going there with my friend Faith and buying my first pair of 10 eye boots. The second store was a thrift store that I frequented in junior high and high school. I found many treasures there: vintage jewelry, one of kind dresses from years gone by, and vintage handbags. I still have many of the patent leather bags I purchased there. I am hoping that in a few years Little Miss M will like them.

The fall also makes me nostalgic for family who are no longer with us. I have been thinking about my grandparents a lot lately. I was lucky to have wonderful grandparents, on both sides, they were such special people. I try to honor their memories in my children and in my own life.

No comments: